We enjoyed meeting with many parents/carers at our November 2019 Open Day. We recognise that any transition stage is a major event not only for a young person but also for the family members that support their child. It is therefore our aim to ensure that the transition journey is enjoyable, informative and exciting.
We are looking forward to welcoming new families, familiar faces and a new cohort of children to us in September 2020. To help your child with their transition we have:
- sent you a welcome letter and admission pack in late April 2020
- updated you by e mail on 7 June with our updated transition offer
- built a transition website. Click here
- prepared a welcome video. Click here
- prepared a 360 tour of the school. Click here
- prepared a Google Classroom for your child to participate in our transition week which starts on 6 July – please note, everything you need for transition week will be in your child’s Google Classroom.
Nb Full details about how to access your child’s Google Classroom and other learning platforms e.g. Spelling Shed has been sent by e mail. We are asking that families spend time over the pre-transition week weekend to familiarise themselves with their child’s virtual classroom so that children can join in with a variety of activities in transition week including:
- Google meets with new class teachers
- School assembly
- Year 3 based learning
- a 360 tour to navigate around the school
We are of course sad not to be meeting the children in person. Transition has been left until later in the term to better support children with the changes in unprecedented times. We are still not sure exactly what September will bring for the Gomer Junior community and await further updates from the government. We are however, confident that we will do everything we can to support every child with their transition to Gomer Junior. For some, this will be an exciting time. For others, this will be a time of nervousness. Whatever ‘change’ means for your child our established team will ensure that our continued offer is inclusive and will endeavour to meet need. We look forward to working in collaboration with our parents and carers and, the time when we can meet in person.