We recognise the importance of varied opportunities for our children to learn and develop, throughout the school day and beyond it. Therefore, we offer a range of clubs and provide wrap-around care. Unless stated, the clubs run after the school day and until 4.15pm.
To support the staffing and resourcing of school clubs the school require £10 in subs, per pupil, per club, per term to address costs beyond the school day. We are very pleased to be able to keep these costs to a minimum e.g. £30 to attend a possible 30 sessions represents very good value for money. These subs are required regardless even if your child misses a session. The subs cover costs such as specialist tuition, scripts, costumes, props, kit, trophies, medals and resources.
We have a high demand on our clubs. Therefore, it is not always possible to accommodate everyone who applies to join due to Health and Safety requirements e.g. space and adult-pupil ratio. Therefore, we are unable to include every child to a club who applies. Those clubs with a high interest are chosen randomly. Unsuccessful applicants are put on a waiting list. gSTEM Club has proved very popular and to accommodate the large numbers of children, they are operating on a fortnightly basis; the content of the sessions allows for this.
All external providers are DBS checked and we keep their records on our Single Central Register.
The Gomer Junior breakfast (7.15am-8.45am) and after school ‘wrap-around club‘ (3.15pm-5.45pm) is committed to providing high quality, child centred care at affordable prices to align to the needs of our families. Breakfast is priced at £3-£5 (1-1.5 hours) and after school is priced at £5 – £8 (1.5 – 2.5hours). Our clubs offer:
- varied daily activities
- caring staff who are known to the children across the school
- a fortnightly menu
- an age appropriate and inclusive environment that meets a range of needs
- Drama Club – available to all year groups – £10 termly payment. Please return a completed permission slip to the school reception – 40 places available following a successful ‘audition’ (an informal process to ascertain your child’s interest level) – weekly attendance required.
- Art Club with Sue Evans – available to all year groups. £4 per session. Please respond to Sue’s flyers, provided at the start of each half term and spares located in the school reception area. She will operate until early October and if a poor uptake will have to cancel.
- Upper School (Y5/6) Mixed Football – £10 termly payment. Please complete permission slip and return to the school reception.
- Upper School Mixed Netball (Y5/6) – £10 termly payment. Please complete permission slip and return to the school reception.
- Choir – available to all year groups – £10 termly payment . Please contact Mr Potter if you are interested in your child attending. The club is led by Mr Pilott who is the Music Director at St. Mary’s Church. Arrive school 8.10am for a 8.15am prompt start.
- Multi-sports – rotation (all years welcome – 20 children)
Autumn 1/2 – Premier Education – multi-skillsSpring 1/2 – Premier Education – cricketSummer 1/2 – Alverstoke Tennis Club – Tennis
- Service Club – hosted by Mrs Prince – weekly in the IT Suite at 12.30 – FREE
- Football (all years) – provided by Pompey in the Community – make payment and booking directly to PFC
We are also keen to promote links with other community organisations. The children are often offered ‘taster sessions’ and are then, if interested, given details. If you have a useful contact or would like to help operate a club we would be delighted to hear from you.