Unfortunately, some local schools had bicycles stolen before Christmas. Other GFM schools, including Gomer Junior have had bicycles stolen this week. The Police have been notified and we will be further vigilant. It is a saddening and frustrating that our community is being impacted upon in this way. The Gomer incident is the first we have experienced but still ask that children do the following:
- lock bicycles that meets your needs – a U type lock can not be cut
- lock bicycles to something that can not be moved
- have bicycles security marked for tracking
- record the security number of your bicycle
- take a photograph of your bicycle to support the relocation of it
We are really pleased that the children cycle to school. We do hope that this incident does not act as a deterrent to this activity.