Due to a couple of recent suspicious incidents on Green Lane Alverstoke, we have reminded the children today about ‘Stranger Danger.’ To maintain the safety of your children, please reinforce this at home.
‘Stranger Danger’ tips and strategies:
- Know your name, address, and phone number.
- Use the buddy system – avoid walking anywhere alone.
- Trust your instincts – if you feel you are being followed or something is not right, seek help immediately.
- If a stranger approaches you, you do not have to speak to him or her. Never approach a stranger in a motor vehicle. Just keep walking. Do not accept sweets or any other items from a stranger. Never walk off with a stranger no matter what he or she tells you.
- If someone is following you try to remember the license plate of his or her vehicle and immediately tell a trusted adult.
- If a stranger grabs you, do everything you can to stop him or her from pulling you away or dragging you into his or her car. Do whatever it takes to attract the attention of others who can help you. Scream, ‘I do not know this person.’